This weekend, June 3-5, it’s going to be extremely hot in Phoenix Arizona. As a matter of fact, it’s going to be so hot that we’ve been issued excessive heat warnings. Being that it’s only the beginning of June, this kind of heat is a little early, however, no matter when we experience temps over 110 degrees, you need to take certain precautions to keep cool and healthy.
- Yes, you’re reading this weekends forecast correctly. It will be 114 degrees on Friday, 117 degrees on Saturday, and 116 degrees on Sunday. When heat like this is in our forecast the first thing you need to be sure of is that your air conditioner is ready to go to work. You do not want your cooling system to breakdown when it’s this hot. If you plan on staying home this weekend your A/C needs to be running efficiently.
- Always make sure to drink enough water. Staying hydrated during the summer, and during temperatures like this, is a must. Drinking water keeps your body temps stable and actually provides enough energy to get through the day.
- If you’re going to be outside be sure and bring enough sun block with a high SPF. Apply the sun block every hour to keep your skin protected. Many people have pools here in Phoenix and the surrounding cities. During the summers here pool water doesn’t exactly feel refreshing but it’s much better than the actual temperatures outside. Keep the sun block flowing and enjoy some summer pool fun.
- If you want to get out this weekend why not go ice skating. Even if you don’t k now how to ice skate it’s fun learning something new. Plus the rink is going to be nice and cool. When it’s 116 degrees outside the cool temps inside the skating rink will feel like a treat. You could go to AZ Ice in Peoria, Gilbert and Arcadia. There’s also the Ice Den in Chandler and Scottsdale.
- Head out to see the latest movies. There are several theaters around the valley and all of them have exceptional air conditioning. Kick back, have some movie treats, and enjoy the latest flicks.
- If you want to treat your little kiddos to some fun take them to Legoland Discovery Center. This is located at 5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, suite 135 in Tempe AZ, within the Arizona Mills Mall. Kids can treat themselves to Legos and put their imaginations to the test. Build whatever you want inside this awesome new attraction.
So there you have it. A few tips and ideas on how to be safe and have fum during hot temperatures in Phoenix Arizona. We don’t usually see temps like this everyday during our summers but when we do, there’s still room to have fun while being safe. And if you need to have your air conditioning unit serviced to make sure it’s running properly, please call Norris Air at 480-832-3330. If you’re hearing any odd noises while it’s running that’s a sure sign to call us immediately. Keep cool and don’t take chances.